One way to manage the risks in your life is to be safe, which sounds obvious. However, we often forget common safety rules, guidelines, and tips. This can expose us to unnecessary risks that have the potential to wreck havoc on our lives and the lives of our loved ones. Below are several lists of safety tips covering homeowners, fertilizing your lawn, and boating.
Here are some tips for homeowners. These tips will help to control property risks.
- Furnaces should be inspected and serviced each fall by a licensed professional.
- Clothes dryer vents should be kept clean, and gas clothes dryers should be inspected on an annual basis.
- Smoke alarms should be inspected twice a year to ensure they are functioning properly.
- Roofs should be inspected on an annual basis by a qualified professional.
- The purchase of a water detection system should be considered. These systems are designed to detect a water leak immediately.
- The washing machine hoses should be periodically checked since these hose failures cause millions of dollars of water losses each year.
- Burglary alarm systems should be considered, particularly for homes in high crime areas.
- 有价值的论文, 硬币, 邮票, and related items should be stored in a safety deposit box at the bank.
Here are some safety tips for fertilizing your lawn.
- 适当的存储. Store fertilizer in a safe place away from children and pets. If you keep your lawn and gardening supplies in a shed, keep it locked. If you store your fertilizer in your garage, make sure it’s kept in a locked cabinet or on a shelf children can’t reach.
- 戴手套. Fertilizer contains nitrogen that can cause a chemical burn on your skin.
- 穿保护眼睛. It’s always important to wear glasses or goggles when working in your yard.
- Clean up excess fertilizer on your sidewalk, patio, or driveway. This makes for a safer environment for young children and pets. It also prevents the rain from washing it into your local water system.
- 理解你.S. Coast Guard requirements and state laws and regulations.
- Read your owner’s manual and understand the various on-board warnings located on your boat or jet ski.
- 穿救生衣. While this sounds like common sense, the excitement of getting on a jet ski or riding in a boat may take your focus off safety. A life jacket is like a seatbelt. It should be worn at all times because it can increase your chances of survival if there’s an accident.
- 股票你的船. Make sure you have an appropriate life jacket for each person onboard. An adult life jacket is not appropriate for children. 除了, if you plan to be on the lake for the day, make sure you have plenty of water, 防晒霜, 药物, 和零食. 最后, make sure you have a fire extinguisher, 耀斑, 地图, and communication devices in case you run into trouble.
- 提出反驳. If you’re boating with friends or family, make sure somebody other than the driver is familiar with the boat. It’s not a safe idea for one adult to take a boat full of children out tubing. If the primary driver is injured or unable to navigate, it’s vital that a passenger is also familiar with the boat and can get you back to land safely.
- Keep an eye on the weather. Summer weather can change quickly. Pay attention to your local forecast and consider signing up for weather alerts that can be sent to your Smartphone.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Depending on the time of the year, boat traffic can be heavy on the lake. Make sure you always keep a close eye on what’s happening around you. If pulling a tube or skier behind your boat or jet ski, always have a spotter to alert you of issues.